Sunday, September 14, 2014

Settee Cover Reveal


The Settee cover's debutante party!
I love how it turned out!!!


After a couple of weeks noodling how I was going to 
stretch 202" of fabric leftover for skirting
to fit around a sofa that needed 
200"
which didn't include inseams...


I finally came up with the solution:
Gusset inserts of 11" widths x 9" tall of beautiful
Battenburg lace.


I wanted to use the lace but wasn't sure where to cut the drop cloth
to get it all to work.
That's what has been holding this post up. 
;)

I pulled out the side gusset so you could really see the fabric,
but normally it will be tucked under a bit.

There was a lot of pinning and re-pinning. Also had to remove pins from under the skirt as I went (that were holding on part of the welting, not already sewn down)
I felt like a very couture seamstress!!!



Another view of pinning around the skirt

Really loving this new slipcover! 
At month's end, on payday, a trip to Lowe's will be in-order...
to pick up another drop cloth for
Settee #2...
(you can see it peeking out over to the left there!)


Pretty nice & oh so ready for fall's
afternoon cups of tea
and some 
fun reading.


Blessings to you on this day!
Barb :)

***Thank you for "Liking," "Sharing," and "Following" my posts! Feel free to invite your friends and please leave a comment for me. Let me know what you'd like to see in a How-to post.  Enjoy!!!

Blog Archive